My Approach to Counseling:
My counseling approach and work with my clients is guided by my belief in
- the good nature of people,
- the client's qualities, strengths, and unique personality,
- and the nature of the therapeutic relationship.
I believe that people are capable of change if guided and supported to identify their strengths and inner resources, as well as encouraged to become aware of their full potential and abilities gained from life experiences and cultural background.
We rarely seem to acknowledge what we do good. We tend to focus on what we cannot do, what we are not, and the obstacles we encounter in our daily life. People reach out to counseling due to pain and confusion. Therefore, my role focuses on guiding each person in finding their unique strengths, positive qualities and resilience, while offering support to overcome challenges.
I like to engage my clients from a non-judgmental, non-threatening but interactive perspective that allows them the opportunity to share their innermost thoughts, feelings, fears, and concerns by actively engaging in their efforts and journey for change. Since I place a significant value on the nature of the therapeutic relationship as pivot for change, I focus on allowing the client the emotional, physical, and personal freedom to explore their own view on life, happiness, and relationships.
Counseling varies in duration from client to client, but the level of personal commitment, willingness to change, personal effort, and honesty all have an affect on the progress each patient is able to make.
What to expect in the first session:
During the first session, the therapist and client will:
- review and sign the initial paperwork,
- discuss the client's problems and goals for change,
- decide together on the frequency of future appointments.
Concerns & Issues I Help With:
- Adjusting to Change/Life Transitions
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Caregiver Issues/Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Communication Problems
- Divorce & Divorce Adjustment
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Grief, Loss, & Bereavement
- LGBT Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning/ Inner Guidance
- Mood Swings / Mood Disorders
- Multicultural concerns
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Relationships & Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Suicidal Ideation & Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
Our informal, relaxed office is conducive to therapy.
Call us today to schedule an appointment. 918 403-8873
Page Last Updated: May 18, 2020